11 June 2012

Skiing in the Zrum

Some shots of-and-not-taken-by me from a pre-birthday celebration of the very best kind-
ski day Palandöken!!
Plus plenty of apres-ski activities hosted by our dear Fulbright reps in Erzurum.
(Not my usual by any means, but I'l take it!)
**I'm a little crazy in these. First out of country ski trip--understandably excited!

Hey, that's ma name! C-A-S-S-I-D-Y spelled out on a ski pass.
Like a champ. Totes gave the rental man sass when he tried to put me on 150s. And then I told him off for the chewed up surfaces. Actually, no. That's not what happened. What did happen is I managed to spit out, "iyi değil" AKA "not good." But I got me some new skis!
Me and ma Antep gal, Jules. (Notice the clever glove layering.)
I think I made a ski getup outa waterproof summer gear work. Jeez it was friggin' cold.
That's a happy birthday girl right there.

Verdict: I think I'd have done okay as a Fulbrighter stationed in the frozen tundra ringed by mountains at the doorstep of Iran. I'd have skied A LOT in the least. And that would have been quite alright.
(Ama GAZIANTEP 4 lyfe!)

1 comment: