23 September 2011

Ankara Kalesi and the Anatolian Civilizations Museum


(Boyacızade Konağı--a fantastic restaurant converted from an aristocratic Ottoman-era home)



(With ma main woman Carla outside the Anatolian Civilizations Museum)

(My favorite artifact in the museum's collection. A fellow Anteper, Kelsey, an art history gal, and I spent the last quarter of displays discussing which piece we'd take home if we could. While some of the Gaziantep wall reliefs were tempting, I went with this baby because (a) I'm a lit nerd and (b) the description was so pleasantly absurd: "A friendly correspondence between the Egyptian queen and the queen of the Hittites." I for one am pretty terrible at replying to facebook posts so I don't think I'd be doing much dictation to a chiseling scribe to just check-in on my girl.)
(So much beauty near Ankara Kalesi)

(Atop the citadel)

(Humoring me--hard-core)

(Ankarada)

No comments:

Post a Comment