06 January 2012

Teaching in Turkey AKA the stuff that keeps me sentient through 8 hours worth of 200 individual speaking assessments

Some gems I couldn't help scribbling down during this week’s “describe a ceremony” task:

"First we send out invasion cards.”

“[At graduation] each student is given a diplomat.”

“We cut the cake. The bride and groom eat each other.”

The day before a wedding: “Generally men are drinking a lot and women cry.” (So much to that one.)

Then there was the kid who came to class halfway through and gave me a confidently articulated speech on the principles of Islam. (Come. To. The. First. Hour. Ya. Bum.)


I promise I'm getting to the rest of the holiday junk. Workin' on some sweet vids for y'all.
Let's just say church hymns and dancing raccoons, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment