30 November 2012

Let's go to Kotor, shall we?

I knew nothing about Montenegro. Frankly, wasn't all that stoked on it; probably wouldn't have gone had it not been right smackdab in my freaking way from Albania to Bosnia. But I was set on sticking to the Mediterranean coast during my Balkan Backpacking Odyssey, (because, duh, that's pretty much the lazy planner's ticket to sweet stuff) and boy oh boy, did I stumble upon a gem.


Turns out the reason I hadn't heard much about Montenegro is probably because it hasn't been around all that longSeriously, I was finishing my junior year of high school when it separated from Serbia in 2006. Coastal, historical Venetian influence (Montenegro= monte negro='black mountain' in archaic Italian), a hot spot for Slavic tourists. Needless to say, I stayed a few days, in a few places. Enjoy these babies taken in Kotor--a stunning stone city on the fjord-like Bay of Kotor.




   
I like this. I think I'll call it 'Self.'
There are those who have come before me.
Freaking cool art installations.
(Hanging laundry is sort of a theme in Kotor. I saw this at the end of my day. Many of my photographs felt instantly contrived. Meh, whatevs.)
Stylish smoke break outside a salon



 
I seek out scenic sandwich spots almost as deliberately as I seek out good sandwiches.


Sorry Dubrovnik, you may be hot shit right now, but Kotor holds a mighty candle. Plus the mountains?! Waayyy more badass. (naaner-naaner-naaner)

No comments:

Post a Comment