16 October 2011

I've met some pretty cool pals in my travels.



My buddy Tyler threw this down at a recent TEDx event in South Carolina. (Here in Turkey I think a lot about the things I learned about poverty, resources, and aid while we were in Madagascar together.) Over the last year he had a fantastic and very serendipitous opportunity to, as he puts it, "[travel] the world while it was falling apart."


Meanwhile, I spent the year conscientiously checking his blog and fbook gushing about his pics while I sat in Utah barely holding back the stir-crazy. This Arab Spring made me crazy to get out of the country. I felt like the world was happening, and I needed to be there--to know about it and to talk about it. 
This talk is a show of compelling communication after a half year of surface level headlines and reports. It reminds me how powerful personal narrative and independent scrutiny can be--And how important it is to voice them.
Meta but I mean it.


No comments:

Post a Comment