09 October 2011

Nemrut Dağ

Took my first touristy trip in Southeastern Turkey to climb (*ahem* “climb”) Mount Nemrut last weekend. (My dear Madagascar friend Molly recommended this experience as a must, and since she’s a big ol’ reason I’m here in Turkey, I had to make it happen.) Five of us Antepers hopped a bus to Malatya (four hours NE of Gaziantep) and stayed with some Fulbrighter friends living and working there. We did in fact conquer the dağ (mountain)--at sunset and just as the season was coming to a close. Phenomenal.

Being a true traveller and an expat is wonderful, but gosh, sometimes ya just gotta whip out that I’m-an-American-please-mug-me! Nikon and be a tourist for a while.

(Sorry for the post overload, but please just join me for a moment of appreciation of how awesome my internet connection is right now. Sağol.)




No comments:

Post a Comment